Cosmeceutical Skin Care for your Skin Type
It is important not to confuse Skin Type with Skin Disorder or Skin Concern, such as acne vulgaris, rosacea, pigmentation, vascular, sun damage or fine lines and wrinkles. Different skin types are genetically determined but choosing the best skin treatments and skin care for your skin type is essential to care for your skin’s health, to slow the ageing process and to look your best!
Whilst everyone’s skin is a little bit different, your skin type can be generalised into one of five categories, depending on how much oil (“sebum”) your skin produces.
The five categories are:-
- Dry or Dehydrated
- Oily or Congested
- Sensitive or Reactive
When you know what your category your skin type really is, you can make better decisions about the products you should be using. Although all skin absolutely need the same essential skin care staples such as broad-spectrum sunscreens, antioxidants, skin-replenishing ingredients, and skin-restoring ingredients, the textures of those products need to be very different based on your skin type.
Here’s how that works;-
- If you have combination skin, you may need to use a mix of products for the dry and oily areas.
- On the dry skin areas you would need more emollient products
- and products with the lightest weight texture are for the oily areas—but can be layered beneath products for the dry areas.
- If you have oily skin, you should only be using products with a light fluid, liquid, thin lotion, or gel texture. Any other texture will make your skin feel oilier and risk clogging pores.
- If you have dry skin, you should only be using products that have rich lotion, cream, or velvety serum textures.
- Those suffering from a sensitive or reactive skin canvas – only use gentle, soothing skin care products and a sunscreen
- And for the lucky ones with “normal skin”, broad-spectrum sunscreens, antioxidants, skin-replenishing ingredients with vitamin A retinol, and skin-restoring ingredients including vitamin B3 and vitamin C will help prolong your youthful good looks and healthy skin.
Regardless of the product type, moisturiser, toner, serum, booster, or targeted solution, the brilliant ingredients must be there but the texture is what differs based on your skin type.
To make choosing your skin care products easier, we have provided categories of product from all our professional cosmeceutical skin care brands for each skin category. If you are uncertain which skin care products are best for your skin type and condition, book a FREE Skin Analysis and Consultation with our Skin Specialist at Nascent Skin & Beauty Clinic.
At NASCENT we bring you the best in cosmeceutical skin care. We only work with products containing active ingredients, which are clinically proven in treating skin concerns and addressing specific skin types. We are Authorised Stockists and Certified Practitioners in the professional skin care ranges we sell and can offer free consultations and advice to help you select the products that will make a difference to your skin.
your skin…our expertise
We are determined to make sure that we have a range of cosmeceutical products available at our online store so that our loyal customers can buy them with ease. Online shopping is the way to shop and with our great products; we trust it will be a pleasure to do so.
- Active ingredients
- Clinically proven to produce real results
- Paraben and preservative free
- No harmful additives
- Never tested on animals