D-Tox Problem Skin Peel
“works deep within the skin to fight bacteria & heal acne lesions & rosacea”
Cosmedix Elite d-tox peel
The CosMedix Elite D-Tox Problem Skin Peel is a moderate-depth, medical-strength & detoxifying facial peel. Formulated with Vitamins A & B3 to target acne at the root. Contains chirally correct AHA’s & BHA salicylic acid to deliver non-traumatic exfoliation.
The D-Tox Peel offers anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial & antioxidant properties to support the skins healing process. Resurfaces & decongests pores while balancing sebaceous activity.
NOTE: Your skin must be prepped with one of our Vitamin A serums for a minimum of 14 days prior to having a Detox Peel.
Treatment Cost: $220 | 40 min
*CLINIC SPECIAL: Buy a course of four (4) d-tox peels for $880
Receive a FREE CosMedix Skin Kit containing cleanser, vitamin A serum, anti-oxidant serum and hydrator – valued at $92
– ideal for pre-peel skin priming and daily skin care
Acne Skin | Acne Scarring | Rosacea
Quick & Effective | Level 2 Peel + Retinol
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance on the face, neck, or hands. In this treatment, a solution of one or more exfoliating agents is applied to the face to remove the rough upper layer of skin and to stimulate rejuvenation of new skin cells. The result is tighter, smoother skin that is relatively free of fine lines and blemishes.
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, prior to any clinical treatment your personal practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin using a number of advanced diagnostic skills, consult with you as to the results you wish to achieve and recommend a course of treatments based on your unique skin care needs and lifestyle demands to ensure beautiful results with the least amount of disruption to your schedule.
A Cosmedix Elite D-Tox Problem Skin Peel provides deep exfoliation to resurface and decongest pores, while having a calming and anti-inflammatory benefit to the skin.
Clinical Skin Peels should only be administered by doctors, nurses and paramedical aestheticians that have been specifically educated and certified so you can rest assured that you are in excellent and certified hands at Nascent Skin & Beauty for your peel treatments.
PREPARATION FOR A CLINICAL SKIN PEEL – Skin Priming
DUE TO THE STRENGTH OF CLINICAL SKIN PEELS A 14 TO 28 DAY PRE-TREATMENT SKIN PRIMING IS REQUIRED.
- Clinical Skin Peels provide medium-depth resurfacing to make the skin dramatically tighter and smoother.
- Prepping the skin is of utmost importance to maximise the skin’s ability to accept additional active ingredients and to minimise the risk of post procedure irritation and hyperpigmentation.
- Before undertaking your first clinical peel, a pre-peel assessment in our clinic will be necessary.
- Prepping requirements will vary for each individual however they generally involve the application of a suitable cleanser, anti-oxidant serum and sun protection for at least 14 days prior to your first Clinical Skin Peel. For those undertaking a Vitamin A based peel (Benefit Peel, Essential Peptide Peel, D-Tox Peel or Timeless Peel) a skin care product containing Vitamin A will also be a pre-peel necessity for 14 days prior. Our Skin Specialist will discuss your individual needs during your consultation.
- Investing the time and effort to adequately prep and use appropriate post-peel care for deeper level peels will ensure your skin is ready to undergo the changes needed to reach your skin care goals with optimal results.
POST CLINICAL SKIN PEEL CARE
- No additional products on your skin for at least 3 hours
- No products containing AHA’s, BHA, Retinoids (Vitamin A) or exfoliants for 3 to 5 days
- Use of a hydrating skin care product every day
- No sun exposure for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Our Skin Specialist will be able to recommend several additional products that are most beneficial when started within 24 to 48 hours of your treatment to minimise recovery time by supplying compromised skin with potent anti-oxidants and soothing and calming ingredients. This will also help to protect your skin from external free radical damage.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
BENEFITS OF A D-TOX PROBLEM SKIN CLINICAL PEEL
- Balances sebaceous activity
- Detoxifies and exfoliates
- Anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory
- Effective treatment for all grades of acne
KEY INGREDIENTS IN D-TOX PROBLEM SKIN CLINICAL PEEL
- Salicylic Acid 18% – Beta Hydroxy Acid, lipid soluble acid for degreasing congested pores and providing exfoliation.
- L-Lactic Acid 9% – chirally correct Alpha Hydroxy Acid for exfoliation and a Natural Moisture Factor.
- Retinol AGP Complex 4% – Encapsulated Vitamin A Complex to stimulate renewal, balance sebum production and regulate cell function.
- D-Glucuronic Acid 4% – Basic building block of hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate; detoxifies the skin while helping to retain skins moisture, and is a precursor to Vitamin C.
- Niacinamide – Vitamin B3; Treats skin conditions including ageing skin and anti-inflammatory properties makes it effective at treating acne and rosacea.
ARE THERE ANY RISKS
You may experience a slight redness which subsides within a few hours. In the few days following the treatment, you may also experience some breakouts or light peeling. This is normal as the skin undergoes its detoxifying process and is easily covered with makeup.
Due to the ingredients used, the D-Tox Problem Skin Clinical Peel is not suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
FOR OPTIMAL RESULTS – HOW MANY D-TOX PEEL TREATMENTS WILL I REQUIRE
Recommended four (4) treatments – four (4) to six (6) weeks apart
Since the D-tox Peels draw impurities out from deep within the skin, you may experience breakouts in the first 1-2 days immediately following the treatment. Best results are evident after 5 days and have a cumulative effect over a course of treatments.
IS THE TREATMENT PAINFUL
You may experience a tingling or tightening sensation in the skin, but no pain. Your skin should instantly be softer & brighter. The D-Tox Peel results in a clearer complexion with no downtime.
$220 single treatment
Course of four (4) peels – $880 (*Clinic Special – receive a FREE CosMedix Skin Care Kit valued at $92)
Your peel treatment commences with a thorough clinical cleanse of the face before the D-Tox Peel is applied. The peel remains on for up to 20 minutes (our Skin Specialist will decide the amount of time by observing your skin reaction) to allow the active ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. The peel is then gently removed, a post peel cream and a moisturiser are applied. The treatment takes approximately 40 minutes.
There is no downtime required for the D-Tox Peel and you can resume your normal daily activities immediately. However, you should avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.
*The 4 D-Tox peel course offer with FREE CosMedix Skin Care Kit must be booked and paid for before 30 June 2019
Whilst amazing results have been observed from this treatment, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our skin specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals, skin type and skin condition.
Tick Tock Tick Tock – Why are you waiting ?
Book Your Skin Peel Today
Call 0412 682 743
Want to enhance your experience? Try a discounted ADD ON to your PEEL
- LED Phototherapy 15 min +$65
Highly Recommended - Medical Grade LED delivering Blue, Red & Near Infrared light
- CACI Non Surgical Face Lift +$110
A favourite of "A" List celebrities and Royalty
- CACI Non Surgical Eye Lift +$100
Treat the tell tale ageing eye area to a lift
- IPL Photorejuvenation +$200
Peels Whilst Pregnant Or Breast Feeding?
Pregnant or lactating women should ALWAYS consult a physician prior to use of any products or professional treatments. During pregnancy or when breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a multitude of hormonal changes and this can sometimes manifest itself in the form of pigmentation, increased sensitivity, and breakouts. It is not advisable to carry out corrective type treatments in the form of peels beyond the very superficial during this time and there are also certain ingredients in skin preparations that are best avoided until after lactation is completed.
Contraindications – When We Cannot Treat
- Not suitable for persons with open wounds, cuts, abrasions, rashes, piercings or tattoos
- Not suitable if you are or have been taking photosensitising (make you sensitive to sunlight) medications
- Not suitable for pregnant / lactating women. Only Very Superficial Peels are permitted if you have written consent from your Doctor.
- Not suitable for any patient with a known or suspected allergy to any ingredient contained within the intended Aspect peel – in this instance being a Salicylic Acid (a natural substance derived from the bark of certain trees); red grapes; cacao.
- Not suitable for patients with active bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as active Herpes Simplex. Any active infections must be treated with a suitable medication, such as Zovirax – Valtrex – Famvir – Acyclovir – before peels can be considered.
- Not suitable for patients with viral warts.
- Not suitable for patients that have used oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) or prescriptive Retin A in the last 6 to 12 months.
- Not suitable for patients that have used topical Tretinoin (e.g. Retin A) less than 72 hours prior.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of keloidal scarring.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of Auto-immune disease.
- Not suitable for patients with active neoplasia (cancer) of any kind or have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the last 12 months unless approved by patients physician.
- Not suitable if you have open sores, herpes, sun burnt skin or skin irritation
- Do Not wax 5 days before or 7 days after a peel
IMPORTANT: The above list contains the most common precautions and contraindications to peeling and is by no means complete. Our Skin Specialist must therefore use best judgement in determining if a given peel treatment is suitable for you, the patient.
Book your Skin Peel Today !
Book a free consultation with our skin specialist to discuss your beauty plan.