Benefactor Resurfacing Peel
“Encourages skin renewal, leaving a healthy, luminous complexion”
COSMEDIX ELITE BENEFACTOR PEEL
The CosMedix Elite Benefactor Peel containing Lactic and Salicylic acid which increases cell turnover, removes dead surface cells and softens the skin.
The Benefactor Resurfacing Peel by CosMedix Elite is an advanced exfoliating treatment. Packed with antioxidants from cherry, blueberry and pineapple, this peel also helps with aging, problem, oily and thickened skins.
Together the acids soften, exfoliate and stimulate while lightening, brightening and repairing damaged skin.
Treatment Cost: $155 | 40 min
Aging ~ Sun Damage ~ Pigmentation ~ Scarring
Quick & Effective | Completely Safe | Non Invasive
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance on the face, neck, or hands. In this treatment, a solution of one or more exfoliating agents is applied to the face to remove the rough upper layer of skin and to stimulate rejuvenation of new skin cells. The result is tighter, smoother skin that is relatively free of fine lines and blemishes.
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, prior to any clinical treatment your personal practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin using a number of advanced diagnostic skills, consult with you as to the results you wish to achieve and recommend a course of treatments based on your unique skin care needs and lifestyle demands to ensure beautiful results with the least amount of disruption to your schedule.
A Cosmedix Elite Benefactor Resurfacing Peel encourages skin renewal, leaving you with a healthy, luminous complexion.
Clinical Skin Peels should only be administered by doctors, nurses and paramedical aestheticians that have been specifically educated and certified so you can rest assured that you are in excellent and certified hands at Nascent Skin & Beauty for your peel treatments.
The Peel Treatment
Your peel treatment commences with a thorough clinical cleanse of the face before the Benefactor Resurfacing Peel is applied. The peel remains on for up to 20 minutes (our Skin Specialist will decide the amount of time by observing your skin reaction) to allow the active ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. The peel is then gently removed, a post peel cream and a moisturiser are applied. The treatment takes approximately 40 minutes.
There is no downtime required for the Benefactor Peel and you can resume your normal daily activities immediately. However, you should avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.
Whilst amazing results have been observed from chemical skin peel treatments, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our skin specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals, skin type and skin condition.
Preparation for a Clinical Skin Peel – Skin Priming
DUE TO THE STRENGTH OF CLINICAL SKIN PEELS A 14 TO 28 DAY PRE-TREATMENT SKIN PRIMING IS REQUIRED.
- Clinical Skin Peels provide medium-depth resurfacing to make the skin dramatically tighter and smoother.
- Prepping the skin is of utmost importance to maximise the skin’s ability to accept additional active ingredients and to minimise the risk of post procedure irritation and hyperpigmentation.
- Before undertaking your first clinical peel, a pre-peel assessment in our clinic will be necessary.
- Prepping requirements will vary for each individual however they generally involve the application of a suitable cleanser, anti-oxidant serum and sun protection for at least 14 days prior to your first Clinical Skin Peel. For those undertaking a Vitamin A based peel (Benefit Peel, Essential Peptide Peel, D-Tox Peel, Timeless Peel or Timeless RX Peel) a skin care product containing Vitamin A will also be a pre-peel necessity for 14 days prior. Our Skin Specialist will discuss your individual needs during your consultation.
- Investing the time and effort to adequately prep and use appropriate post-peel care for deeper level peels will ensure your skin is ready to undergo the changes needed to reach your skin care goals with optimal results.
After Skin Peel Care
- No additional products on your skin for at least 3 hours
- No products containing AHA’s, BHA, Retinoids (Vitamin A) or exfoliants for 3 to 5 days
- Use a hydrating skin care product every day
- No sun exposure for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Our Skin Specialist will be able to recommend several additional products that are most beneficial when started within 24 to 48 hours of your treatment to minimise recovery time by supplying compromised skin with potent anti-oxidants and soothing and calming ingredients. This will also help to protect your skin from external free radical damage.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
- Stimulates cell renewal
On a rare occasion, some redness may occur which subsides within a few hours. The degree of peeling is variable, ranging from no visible peeling to a light to moderate flaking of skin between days two (2) and seven (7) after the peel.
Due to the ingredients used, the Benefactor Resurfacing Peel treatment is not suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
You may experience a tingling or tightening sensation in the skin, but no pain. Your skin should instantly be softer & brighter. The Benefactor Peel results in a clearer complexion with no downtime.
Recommended six (6) treatments – four (4) to six (6) weeks apart
Increase in skin breakout may be expected with initial treatments and this actually indicates positive progress – the peel is purging the old skin surface. Generally, there is minimal to no irritation expected post the Benefactor Resurfacing Peel if the skin has been prepped appropriately.
Pregnant or lactating women should ALWAYS consult a physician prior to use of any products or professional treatments. During pregnancy or when breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a multitude of hormonal changes and this can sometimes manifest itself in the form of pigmentation, increased sensitivity, and breakouts. It is not advisable to carry out corrective type treatments in the form of peels beyond the very superficial during this time and there are also certain ingredients in skin preparations that are best avoided until after lactation is completed.
Discover Our Signature Peel Range
Say Goodbye To Tired & Dull Looking Skin Today!
CALL 0412 682 743
Contraindications – When We Cannot Treat
- Not suitable for persons with open wounds, cuts, abrasions, piercings or tattoos
- Not suitable if you are or have been taking photosensitising (make you sensitive to sunlight) medications
- Not suitable for pregnant / lactating women. Only Very Superficial Peels are permitted if you have written consent from your Doctor.
- Not suitable for any patient with a known or suspected allergy to any ingredient contained within the intended Aspect peel – in this instance being a Salicylic Acid (a natural substance derived from the bark of certain trees); red grapes; cacao.
- Not suitable for patients with active bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as active Herpes Simplex. Any active infections must be treated with a suitable medication, such as Zovirax – Valtrex – Famvir – Acyclovir – before peels can be considered.
- Not suitable for patients with viral warts.
- Not suitable for patients that have used oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the last 6 to 12 months.
- Not suitable for patients that have used topical Tretinoin (e.g. Retin A) less than 72 hours prior.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of keloidal scarring.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of Auto-immune disease.
- Not suitable for patients with active neoplasia (cancer) of any kind or have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the last 12 months unless approved by patients physician.
IMPORTANT: The above list contains the most common precautions and contraindications to peeling and is by no means complete. Our Skin Specialist must therefore use best judgement in determining if a given peel treatment is suitable for you, the patient.
Want to enhance your experience? Try a discounted ADD ON to your PEEL
- LED Phototherapy 15 min +$70
Highly Recommended - Medical Grade LED delivering Blue, Red & Near Infrared light
- CACI Non Surgical Face Lift +$115
A favourite of "A" List celebrities and Royalty
- CACI Non Surgical Eye Lift +$105
Treat the tell tale aging eye area to a lift
- IPL Photorejuvenation +$205