Anti-Ageing Skin Care
We would all love to maintain our healthy, young skin forever, but sadly it’s not made to last. Natural anti-ageing skin care is designed to help prevent and reverse signs of premature ageing by restoring our skin with the moisture and nutrients it needs.
Whereas some ageing factors are determined by nature, others are completely under your control. These latter processes are called ‘extrinsic ageing factors’. Lifestyle, skin care, and nutrition all have a huge impact on the way skin ages.
Unprotected sun exposure is the number one cause of premature skin ageing and skin cancer. Unfortunately, many people still don’t take it seriously and are not doing enough to protect their skin.
There are two main types of UV rays that cause sun damage: UVA and UVB.
- UVA (longer-wave) rays activate skin in an unhealthy way to become tan, but they are not the rays responsible for sunburn. UVA rays go far deeper into skin and trigger skin-cancer and premature ageing damage.
- UVB (shorter-wave) rays are responsible for causing sunburn and also trigger premature ageing damage. UVB is considered the common cause of most skin cancers.
Beyond the short-term consequences, sun damage has far more serious long-term repercussions for skin. Essentially, sun damage destroys skin’s ability to maintain the vital components (such as antioxidants, essential fatty acids, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamins) it needs to look young and healthy.
SKIN CARE IS NOT AN EXPENSE – IT’S AN INVESTMENT
Prevention is the only way to truly save your skin—once damaged, there is only so much you can do. That means wearing sunscreen, every day, rain or shine. It’s never too late to start using an SPF product, but the sooner the better.
Anti Ageing Skin Care cosmeceutical products, products that contain active ingredients, that can help diminish the appearance of its ageing effects in surprising ways, including the following:
- AHA or BHA exfoliants – helps remove the buildup of unhealthy skin caused by sun exposure, restoring smoothness, improving skin tone, and leading to an overall more radiant complexion.
- Retinol (Vitamin A) – Visibly diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of ageing caused by the harmful effects of the sun.
- Vitamin C – Dramatically brightens uneven skin tone brought on by sun exposure.
- Antioxidant serums – Helps shield skin against environmental damage and boosts the efficiency of your SPF product.
PLEASE NOTE: Never buy any “anti-ageing” product that come in a jar packaging because the state-of-the-art ingredients won’t remain stable once you’ve opened the jar and exposed the contents to air and light. Professional quality skin care products with “active ingredients” should be in non transparent pump packs or vacuum sealed dispensers to prevent oxidation with the air once opened.
We stock a range of the best professional preventative ageing skin care cosmeceuticals for purchase in-clinic or from our Online Skin Care Shop